169. New Trips in an Old Car, Part 2

New Trips in an Old Car, Part 2: Drivers of classic cars, be they just motoring on a Sunday afternoon or navigating across the country, know the thrill of passing someone piloting the same classic car. There is an instant sense of community in owning and loving an old car, and while it’s nice to feel like you’re doing something unique, it’s also nice to know you’re not alone.

Read more at Cars That Matter

PS – I did an interview with Newsweek recently. That was pretty neat.

1. servo3000 says:

Wow, it’s like you’re all famous! Congrats on the Newsweek mention. That is way cooler than the time I got on the local news ranting about downtown parking.

2. Sloan says:

Thanks Scott. It also ranks higher than the time I was ten years old and on the local news talking about what it was like to go to Busch Gardens Safari Camp. Now that I think about it, maybe you and I even went to that camp together?

3. servo3000 says:

Oh wow, I had forgotten about safari camp. That was me alright…I wish they had given us commemorative pith helmets or something.

4. Sloan says:

“I Went To Safari Camp And All I Got Was This Lousy Knowledge About What Rhinoceros Horns Are Made Of.”

5. ronnie says:

newsweek article, nice.

just dont do newsmax, those guys are jerks.

my dad had a 74 camper. i used to get embarrassed when we would pull up to another bus and he would inquire,
    “what year is yours?”. i wish i had a little more appreciation back then for those moments.

long may you run.

6. ben says:

wow, man, that’s great! that’s the dream — out on the road, living by the pen, flying by the seat of your pants. much congrats.

7. Sloan says:

Thanks Ben, flying by the seat of one’s pants is vastly underrated by the 9 to 5 set. Who knew it could be this fun?